What we need
A Business Development Director for Europe who will be responsible for building and managing the business plan and corresponding product roadmap to grow our European digital business. This is a critical role helping to identify business opportunities with our ad agency partners, determine the product features required to meet their needs and ensure the successful delivery of these features.
This is a role that combines elements of sales, general management and product management. We are looking for a uniquely talented person to identify market needs for Mediaocean’s digital products in Europe and design/deploy great solutions to those needs. There’s more to be done than hours in the day, so you’ll need to employ ruthless prioritisation to determine what we get to market first to make the biggest impact.
What you’ll do
Define and execute go to market strategies and sales activities as defined below:
- Identify and close revenue opportunities for Mediaocean in Europe through Prisma adoption. Key markets: UK, France, Germany plus strategic markets aligned to key client activation
- Identify and close revenue opportunities and build business justification for new verticals including Publisher and Advertiser, through Avails and Connect partnerships
- Identify and close new trading desk revenue opportunities for Mediaocean in Europe through Radia
- Work with Product team to identify opportunities to develop new products, or extend existing ones, that solve the key problems for agencies, publishers and advertisers managing their digital business across premium display, remnant display/adnetworks, paid search, Facebook and other channels
- Understand the corporate account strategy and opportunities to leverage existing client relationships (or prospects)
- Liaise internally to understand global capabilities & help customise those to the UK & broader European marketplace
- Work with Product team to perform competitive analysis of solution to develop our strategy
- Product Evangelist: Promote the adoption of Mediaocean products within our ad agency and other partners and ensure they have a successful experience with our products
- Be the external face of Mediaocean Digital – present on panels, interviews, events
What you’ll bring to the job
- A deep understanding of the advertising technology landscape and a track record of successfully managing a product roadmap to meet revenue objectives
- Hands-on experience with ad tech including demand side platforms, SEM tools, Facebook marketing tools, ad servers, etc
- French/German language skills an advantage
- Experience of deal negotiation and closing sales in Europe
- Experience of working with a long sales cycle
- Experience building and delivering great web-based products, ideally in advertising technology
- Experience working with or in large advertising agencies
- The ability to communicate effectively with developers and business people alike
- Experience developing complex relationships with partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of presenting at events and speaking on panels
- The ability to get things done with minimal guidance
This is an exceptional opportunity where you’ll benefit from working in a great environment with good transport links, and company benefits that include life assurance, permanent health insurance, private medical cover, contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, free breakfasts, and corporate rates at the local gym.
If you’re interested, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org saying why you would like to apply and salary expectations.